- You are responsible for booking and paying for your travel using the taxed travel allowance provided by SCA.
- Your position may require a car, in which case you need to drive to your site.
- No receipts are required for travel to/from your host site.
- The standard travel allowance granted to and from your site is $650.
- Car required positions receive a travel allowance of $1100.
- Positions located in Alaska or Hawaii receive a travel allowance of $1115.
- ALL of the allowances listed are pre-tax; the exact amount to be disbursed will depend on how you complete your W4 and State Tax Withholding forms.
Check out these important tips before booking your travel:
- Talk to your site to find out when and where you should arrive. Ask about the best way to get there: plane, train, bus, or ferry.
- Consider booking a one-way ticket if you think plans for your trip home may change. The cost of 2 one-way tickets is often less than the fees most airlines charge for changing a reservation.
- Check multiple website, including the airlines, to make sure you're getting the best deal. If you have the time before your team start date, consider signing up for an email alert to notify you if prices fall.
- Plane tickets are generally less expensive if you book at least 21 days before you travel.
- Before you book a ticket, check for extra fees the airline and/or ticketing website may charge. Fees to check baggage or if you make changes to your ticket are common on most, but not all, airlines.
- If you have to make a connection, try to give yourself at least one hour between flights. This is usually enough time for you (and your checked luggage) to make it from one airplane to the next.
- Southwest Airlines is SCA's official travel partner and a great choice because they don't charge change fees and you can check up to 2 bags for free.