Please feel free to utilize this space for introducing yourselves...

My name is Nick Murray. I'm 25 and live in on Long Island. I studied film production in Boston and have worn many hats since then. I applied for this position when I got out of the US Army, just this past August. 

I look forward to meeting each one of you!

Views: 717

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all! My name is Hannah. I'm 22 and from just outside of Albany. I graduated this spring from SUNY Geneseo with a degree in biology. I just finished a SCA internship in Missouri in September and I loved the organization so much that I applied for this Corps program. I am most interested in the Natural Resource team but would be excited to get the experience in being a part of any team. Looking forward to meeting and working with you all in a little over a month!

Hey everybody! I'm glad this group is a thing, because I've been looking forward to reaching out to the people that I'll be working with and vice versa. I'm from Albany, New York, but I consider Schenectady to be my home. I'm 19 years old and everybody calls me Tot, y'all are more than welcome to call me that as well. I've an interest in Outreach and Community along with Open Space Management.

I cannot wait to meet all of you and to get this thing started.

This is gonna be grand.

Hi everybody, My name's Donnie Faughnan.  I'm 25 from Endicott near Binghamton and have been to 3 different schools and changed my major 5 times before finishing an associate's in Biology.  I'm an eagle scout and a licensed massage therapist, I also work as a cook and I'm really excited to get started and meet all of you!

Hey everyone! My name is Matt im 21 and other then being interested in nature, sustainability, and conservation. I am an artist, poet, photographer, avid hiker and I am excited to be apart of the team. I currently live on/in Malverne, Long island, but can't wait to be a resident of Morrisville and begin some conservation work. Im glad someone created this as Ive been curious as to who I will be working and living with. Less than 30 days to go :)! Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season, and a merry new year. See you all soon!

Hey Everyone! My name is Casey and I am 20 years old! I am from a town right outside of Albany NY. I am so excited to be apart of this program. My life for the past 6 months have kind of been crazy as I've been living more day to day than planning a future since I'm not quite sure what I want to do with my life yet! I'm super excited to be living at Morrisville since my best friend goes to school there so I know a lot of the ins and outs of the school. I grew up camping, hiking and loving the outdoors so I am excited to share this experience with everyone!  

Hey guys! My name is Steve. I'm 24 and from Hopewell Junction (or East Fishkill depending on who you ask, our post office is weird). I studied environmental geochemical science at SUNY New Paltz and after a lot of research out in the field with my professors I realized being outdoors was definitely a requirement for whatever I chose for my future career. I love nature and hiking but I also love books and cheesy horror films. I'm extremely excited to meet all of you and start working together!

Hello Everyone! Sorry I am late to the game. Thank you for making this group forum! I see many of us have similarities in interests so far. Anyways, my name is Jamie Bates. I am 22, a recent graduate from Clarkson University where I received a double degree in Environmental Science and Policy and Biology. I am from a town just outside of Saratoga Springs, NY (north of Albany). I have many interests: art (mainly paint and sketch in various mediums), curling (the ice sport with stones and brooms), ultimate frisbee, mycology, Tom Brown Jr., Carl G. Jung, cartoons (Rick and Morty), open space management, GIS, hiking, climbing, and more. I joined this program because I wanted to continue a life towards an environmental career. I was advised by a friend that the SCA would be a great fit for me, so here I am:]. I can not tell you how excited I am to start this journey and experience it with each and every one of you!     

Rick and Morty and art! Yass!
:) this makes me so happy!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kyle Miller. I'm 22 years old and I live about an hour south of Albany currently. I graduated from SUNY Cobleskill in May of 2015 with a bachelors degree in Wildlife Management so I've been really looking forward to working in the field and applying what I have learned in school. I'm really looking forward to this experience and seeing where it leads.

See you all soon!

Hey everyone! Well, I realize that I'm reaallly late to show up, but I'll be happy to meet everyone when I get there in two weeks! I'm 22, everyone calls me by my last name (pronounced Fry), graduated from Ithaca College in May with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, and I'm pretty psyched to spend the next 10 months back up in CNY.

Woohoo we all can't wait for you to get here!!

RSS

© 2018   Created by SCA.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service